Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pics that Never Made the Cut


This series was shot for Tomato Magazine for a piece on a new commercial kitchen renovation for Northlands.
The call from my editor was to shoot the interior but obviously while I was there I ended up shooting some of the Chef and his team doing their thing.

(After I took this I seriously considered becoming a vegetarian)
I quite enjoy shooting food related editorial images for Tomato. Mary provides some very unique stories which means I shoot in very unique places, so I am always excited to see what she throws my way.

Because of editorial considerations these images I am posting never made the cut.
Not because they were not strong enough, but because the story was about the kitchen and not the people who occupy it.  

I completely understand, and this is quite common when shooting editorial assignments,  but I really wanted to share them anyways because I quite like them, and if I don't post them here they will never see the light of day.

I just love the pig photo. Its so in your face. Its raw and real. But I can completely understand why a food magazine editor would cut this photo.


C

2 comments:

Nat Semeniuk said...

Even if I were to eat meat again....after looking at these pics I can assure you I will never touch pork....

Carla said...

Poor Little Piggy!
I'm not against eating meat, only when the head is still attached. That's a little nasty. :)