Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 9 of 9 - Beauty Product for West Edmonton Mall

Today we wrapped up the final day of 12 shoots in 9 days.
It was a full day of beauty products shot for WEM. Today I worked with the WEM marketing team and pretty much huddled around the studio step up we brought to the location.


The shoot itself was varied. We shot shoes, jewelry, and make up. So the lighting needed to change a bit to ensure each product was shot properly. I am very happy with the results of everything I shot the past 9 days.



I thought I would post this pic, as I know I will be asked by a few readers about shooting the shoes. How did we get the straps to stay? It was Luke's idea - Fishing line.
I personally have used other methods, but the line worked great and I will be using it again in the future.  

Thanks for all the comments via email and checking in each day to see what's up. I am taking the next 5 days off of shooting (and blogging)... and going to process some of the shoots over the next little bit.

Next week some pretty cool shoots, so check back and I have a lot of nice tear sheets that came in over the past week I want to post as well.


Ciao!
C

2 comments:

Rob Trudeau said...

Great work through out Curtis, if you ever have time I'd like to buy you a drink and talk shop with you.

Sheri said...

Great idea with the fishing line. It was nice to meet you guys at the Marks event.

Fantastic photos!