Friday, August 27, 2010

DAY 5 OF 9 Long day of Interiors and a Readers Digest tearsheet

I just got back from shooting another round of Interiors for the new 9 schools built by Bird Graham in Calgary. We started at 7am and ended at 5pm. (So I drove to CGY last night arriving at 11pm to get a few hours sleep)
 I have finished shooting the Bird Graham project, and am hoping in some spare hours tomorrow to process out all the proofs for the client for mid next week.

My CGY hotel was really nice. The Acclaim hotel in north Calgary, which is brand new. Plus I just loved the Acclaim's tag line of "Sleep with someone new" - brilliant!  
(racial based hand puppets for Kindergarden kids, I had to pose for a pic with them)
Processing out 18 schools with exteriors and interiors is going to be a lot of work, and I am kind of dreading it. I also need to fit it into my the time line of shooting more product tomorrow in studio which needs to be shot for a Monday deadline.

Anyways I also wrote a blog earlier this month on seeing your work in print quite a while after you shoot the project. Well I shot a portrait of a for readers digest in early spring for their Canadian Innovators section, and I hadn't seen it in print until today.
I was taking a bit of a break in the teachers' lounge at a school, and picked up this month's issue of Digest and saw the piece. We shot it knowing they were going to blend the image into a blue background.

I really thought they would have picked another image of him holding a molecule.
I think they choose this one because he was smiling, which is cool. But I rather prefer the other one I have posted below.


Either way it worked out, and I like the rendering the graphic team did for it.
Anyways its 8pm and I have to unload my gear and prep for tomorrow... Thanks for checking in!
C

No comments: