Friday, August 6, 2010

10 mins with Michelle P

Here are some test shots of Michelle Potvin. Michelle is a fantastic talent who came into the studio today to test for a campaign image series for a restaurant chain here in Edmonton.
She basically came in and allowed me to shoot her with no hair, no make up and just a little black dress.

The agency concept calls for a would be a high fashion “who gives a fu*k” look. So I decided to get my inspiration from Mario Testino’s early work, which lent iself to a hard flat light.  

I also wanted a quick shot of Michelle in sunglasses, so I gave her my ray bans, and she kind of looked at me funny and said in such a polite voice “uuuummmm… Can I get my glasses from my car? They may look a little better, but if you want these that’s cool…”

Hmmmm do ray bans really suck that bad?

Anyways. Here is what the 10 min session produced. These images are clean out of camera no post.
Enjoy.
C

1 comment:

Rob Trudeau said...

Great series and the sun glasses does give you that " don't give a f**k feel.