Wednesday, July 28, 2010

architectural work

Schools for BIRD/GRAHAM.
This past week I landed a real nice contract for the joint venture of BIRD/GRAHAM construction. Its an architectural contract that has me shooting 18 newly constructed schools in both Alberta's cities Edmonton and Calgary. Im quite into the project right now trying to work it in when shooting Steven Mandels campaign images and trying to juggle a couple agency shoots in Vancouver.
I decided to shoot this Alberta architectural contract on the PHASE one P30+. My reason for this was I wanted to be able to handle and manipulate the dynamic range of the highlights and shadows because I am shooting the images primarily during hard sun of the day. I wanted bright colors, and vibrant images, but not overly processed.
I think over processing is a mistake many shooters make nowadays, and I am trying to avoid it with proper planning, the right tools and well of course a bit of luck.   
In addition to shooting on the PHASE p30+ back I am using the prime 35mm 2.8 lens (which is like a 20mm on an SLR body)
Google maps is serving as my locater, and my ipod is my entertainment while shooting.
For fun, I have also dabbled in a few panoramics of the schools. I am really liking what results they are producing, but not sure if they are suited for such a project. Time will tell.
Enjoy!
C

No comments: