Thursday, July 22, 2010

Artisan Cafe Food Photography

Shooting food for an Ignition Media client.
Shooting food is fun, I like it because you can really use the ambient light to light food in a rather romantic way. I often use a boom and large soft box to light food, but when I am shooting on location and the ambient light is right, then roll with that.

I also use alot of reflectors and mirrors to light food as well. And color accuracy as well as kelvin temperature is really really important when processing out food images.  
(This is a color checker.... it keeps my colors in check my assistant Natalie is holding it)
For this shoot, the cafe is a artisan cafe, so  I ended up purchasing some pine wood planks and staining them so the tables would have a real organic feel.

(Natalie holding the reflector... Dosent she look happy? She was actually super hungry during this shoot)
(i think this was a mango mojito... which i got to drink after i shot it)

The art directon here was from J over at ignition... The client is artisan cafe Artisan Cafe  he as always did a great job.
Enjoy!

C

3 comments:

Maki said...

I quite like the mojito photo.

Stumbled upon your sight a couple weeks back. Thanks for all the insight into your world of photography.

Curtis Comeau said...

Thanks Maki,

Most people usually just email me with comments, so its cool that you posted one. Is your real name Maki? If so, what a great name! I also like your camping blog entry. Very cool.

C

Maki said...

Yup! That's my name.

Thanks :) haha.