Thursday, May 19, 2011

Locations complete the look

Shooting musicians is always fun. Especially when they have a specific look.




The other day I shot Dan Smith, a guitar player. He had such a rad look, and I loved the jacket he came wearing. We came up with the idea to shoot Dan in an urban setting. Which I think fit the look and feel.



The night before I was scouting for a rural location for another commercial shoot I have coming up, and I stumbled upon this acreage with this old 1930's trailer on it. The old trailer had such character that I thought it would provide such a great backdrop for a rock musician.

The problem is that I was scouting at 9:30pm and didn't want to roll up to the house and ask for permission to shoot there the following afternoon.



The following day I ended up wrapping up the shoot with Dan when I told him about this location and didn't really have permission or anything but if he wanted to travel there and see if we could shoot then I was game. Nat who was assisting and has produce several of my shoots was game too... understandably given her thoughts of the idea was that its "better to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission."



We ended up rolling into the acreage and taking with the home owner. She had no problem with us shooting, but she was curious as to why would we want to shoot "that old thing" anyways we did, and I love the collection.



Enjoy!

C

No comments: