Monday, November 8, 2010

Behind the Scenes CWB, Architectural Photographs and Mount Sinai

A while back I shot a two day campaign for RED the Agency for CWB (Canadian Western Bank)


It was a lot of fun and the art direction fit perfectly with my style. I bring this up because often agencies hire photographers based on reputation who are not always best suited for a job.

(im giving directions to the talent... making sure they SMILE big... )

Then they try to get the photographer to shoot in a style they are not comfortable with resulting in a stressful day for both the art director and the photographer.

I really dig working with RED because they have always hired me because of my organic candid style which really fits for the CWB branding.


(nikolas doing hair and make up for the office photos)


I often turn down work because I am not the best photographer for the job, this is especially the case with editorial work. I actually turned down a huge editorial shoot which featured shooting 40 individual people in about 3 weeks. Schedule aside I didn't feel that I would have done a great job when shooting so many people in such a short period of time. I think it would have been almost impossible to match what had been done the year before.

(Roberta from Red making sure the talent knows his direction)

I typically find art buyers and art directors really respect you as a photographer if you can turn down a job you don't think you are really suited for.

Back to CWB, unfortunately I can't release any production images from the shoot because of proprietary and project confidentiality (fancy words which mean, the creative for the CWB campaign is not released yet, so I can't show the photos). So I decided to show some behind the scenes images from this shoot.



I have also decided to post some architectural images of the commercial / residential property called the HYS center. I was expecting this to be your typical architectural project.



However once we reached the mechanical rooms we found some fantastic scenes that produced these images.




Finally I have processed out an image I shot for Gap Adventures in Egypt atop the peak of Mount Sinai. If you believe in the old testament, this spot was the place where god supposedly gave Moses the 10 commandments.



enjoy.

No comments: