Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pot Ash Mines in Saskatchewan


I am really excited to be shooting for P&H Mining again. Well actually I am working for NAS a division of McCann, but they have P&H under their belt. I really like shooting for NAS, my client gives me alot of creative freedom, and she always gets me some fun interesting projects.
I have worked for P&H in the past but it has usually been operations based, or outdoor mining projects.




This time however we are shooting in an underground Pot Ash mine. Am I nervous, you bet your ass I am... The way I see it, humans are not meant to be working miles beneath the earth's crust, let alone taking photos there. But before you think the lovely Maureen brought duped me on to this shoot with her memorizing English accent, I have to clarify - I actually pushed hard for this job. I wanted to do it.
Why on earth would someone push for a job when they are genuinely afraid of what it entails?




Well I liken my choice to a young American kid joining the military in the 1970's but for no other reason than "It seemed like a good idea at the time".
The other reason, and probably the more influential one was one of my life's mottos "Never pass up an opportunity that will make for a great story in the future"
As it turns out I fly out Monday, so I am prepping for my trip as we speak. So this put me in the mood to post some images in the Industrial field specifically the Oil Industry. So here are some images from CanElson Drilling in Alberta about a month or two ago. www.canelsondrilling.com

No comments: