Friday, May 14, 2010

Parabollic Umbrella




On Wednesday we shot a small campaign for Red The Agency for Canadian Western Bank. The call was to shoot on seamless so I wanted to shoot with a nice board light, so I decided to employ the use of a parabolic umbrella.



The parabolic is this huge umbrella which casts a board light but still has a nice crisp to it.



We ended up clipping my 12 foot scrim silk to the umbrella to soften the light even further. Unfortunately I can post any of the CWB campaign photos because of confidentiality agreements, but I was very happy with the results.




We shot the campaign at the Union Hall because the space in my studio was too small for the 7 foot parabolic to be used effectively. After the main shoot we ended up shooting a few new billboard images for the Union as well.



I am posting a few “production shots” of Kev and Natalie setting up the gear. I will post a few shots from the Union shoot next week.
Enjoy!

C

No comments: