Monday, October 19, 2009

Richard Avedon

AVEDON comes home.

The studio has been cookin' along really nicely since we opened. I love shooting on White, Black or Grey, and I have fortunately found a way to do this for all my clients in the past while. I had a local photographer ask me why do I shoot on white? I dont know because Its clean and pays a nice homage to classic photographers like Richard Avedon.
So over the past 2 weeks all of the oilers wives and girlfriends, were in the studio to shoot their charity poster for their foundation. When Ornella Moreau called she pretty much gave be carte "blanche" to do what I wanted to do... hahahah get it "blanche" So naturally I rolled on white.

I have also been shooting a whole bunch of corporate headshots.
But I am fortunate that the companies who call me are looking for something different, not the Jostens school portrait with the lame 3 point lighting, and cheesy colored backgrounds and the over used cliché of the vignette.
So I decided again to shoot in a complete opposite. No color background, no vignette, and no backlight. Classic in the style of AVEDON, but of course in color. Simple seamless.
Finally I attached a couple photos of City Councilor Don Iveson. The councilors last series of headshots were so bad that many of the councilors have decided to commission their own photographers to re shoot their portrait. Again very similar to Avedon work, with a Nigel Parry mixed in, but in BW. You see I provided Don a bunch in color as well, but being the man he is, he can appreciate where I was going and from my understanding used the BW. I am told you can see this pic of Don in city hall.
Anyways, enjoy!

C

No comments: