Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Danica Patrick and Paul Tracy INDY Car Drivers

This past few days have proven to be quite fun in Edmonton. The city hosted its annual Indy car Race.

I was fortunate enough to have had the chance to shoot at portrait of Danica Patrick the fiery female race car driver for Versus. Actually Jamie Coutts from www.originalvideo.ca gave me the gig which was then shot for Versus the American TV network. Alot of people who found out I had a chance to shoot Danica asked how was she? I can sum it up quite easily - the most interesting part of the shoot was getting lost trying to find the location.
We had Danica for like 20 mins, but I only needed to knock off a few frames . She made small talk, I asked he about a picture of herself holding up a trophy in the room, she just kind of looked at me like I should have known and said in a monotone dry voice "It was from a race in Japan."

Perhaps her mood was dry because she was racing that day or perhaps she just thought I was an idiot... Although she didn't have time for makeup, she did thank my makeup artist Nikolas and told him she wished she had time to have it done.



The day before however Honda Canada commissioned me to shoot one of their drivers Paul Tracy.


Paul was super cool as everyone was rushing Paul around he took his time with me... then when I was done shooting, he asked "Are you happy with what you have? Do you need anything else?" super cool guy.




Enjoy.

1 comment:

stenbergphotography.com said...

Great work Curtis,

I love the second shot of Paul with his arms crossed. I added your blog to mine so I can keep track of any of your new posts. I talked to you quite a while back about getting into the business. Specifically I would love to do the same sort of work you do but of course on a smaller basis. Anyways, I joined the PPOC to get started and may fire you off an email in the future again.

Take care

PS the pics of Paul from the bear in the freezer are my favorites...very cool

Kurt Stenberg
Stenberg Photography
http://www.stenbergphotography.com
stenbergphotography@shaw.ca