Monday, July 27, 2009

Mayfair Golf and Country Club Edmonton Alberta


Last week I shot golf photos for the Mayfair Golf and Country Club. I can see how many people would like golf. But I myself am not a golfer. Im just way too impatient to play such a game.
But I do enjoy shooting for golf clubs. My first ever commission shooting golf was in Belize for the exclusive golf resort of Caye Chapel. In fact I ended up shooting for CC at least 6 other times over the past few years.

Its a long crazy story how a Canadian ended up shooting the commercial images for a Golf Island which is visited by Bill Gates, the Rogers family and various famous bands. Regardless it was fantastic company to be commissioned by and a great place to learn how to shoot a golf course. Unfortunatly the Island is now for sale, but on the plus side if you have an extra 2million to spare you can pick up one of the 6 villas.
Again since I am not a golfer I and not very familiar with the sport, I ended up relying heavily on the notes of my art director Eldon. With his notes in mind I let myself go and ended up shooting what felt right.
I am really happy with what came of this series. More over I shot a lot of this with the Phase One P30+ a bad ass medium format camera which kicks out an image quality is just out of this world. In my opinion shooting on DSLR is like using a box camera compared to the Phase One systems. Unfortunatly not many Pros in Edmonton use this system, so little Phase One dosent even have a rep here in Edmonton Alberta they do in Vancouber BC though.

(image crop from the pic above, check out the grass detail this would not be possible on a DSLR like the 1dsMark 3)

The regret I have is I only wish I had made the medium format investment a little earlier in my career. Oh well... Enjoy.

C

No comments: