Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When you least expect it...


Obviously I travel a lot for my job. So naturally I end up staying in a lot of different hotels. Because I almost never book my hotels more often than not the accommodations I am booked in are average and consequentially never become a memorable part of the trip.



However every and then I end up being completely surprised by my accommodations and end up posting a blog on a hotel I am staying in. Last summer I posed on the Pastana hotel in London, after that was the Monaco hotel in San Fran and now the Platinum Hotel…. Where is it? Read the blog and find out. 



I arrived yesterday evening to (_________ _________) , and proceeded to this new Platinum Hotel with the expectation that it would be the average run of the mill pre-approved 4 star accommodations.
I was stunned at first when I entered to see purple trendy lights and a huge Alice in wonderland chaise in the front entrance. Things only got better as I entered the front lobby.  Chic design, trendy furniture, cool lighting, off the wall color palates fancied my senses.



When I entered the room, I was literally blown out of the water. Hard wood throughout, clean white paint, track lighting, zebra influenced tables, the kitchenette was encased in reflective white cabinetry, topped with grey granite. Bedrooms (two) had custom headboards, high thread count sheets, tiger accent pillows, and there was funky art hanging on the walls.



I guess had this hotel been in SanFran, Paris or somewhere in Rio DeJaneiro I would have been pleasantly surprised, but this hotel is smack dab in the middle of Fort McMurray Alberta. – I am here again for a 3 day magazine shoot.



Like I always say, “Your trip is what you make of it, but if you get to stay in a cool hotel your trip is always a little bit better”.


1 comment:

Maki said...

Oh la la. TIGER print!!! Rarrr :)

I'm surprised how large it is! Fort McMurry, who would have thunk it.

Love your photography :)