Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cant Hurt To Ask

Back home and off again.




Just got back home from northern Alberta (yesterday), and am now packing for a trip to shoot in cabo-san lucas Mexcio.

I can't really show any of the editorial works I shot on this recent trip with the exception of one photo. I promised myself I would be more dynamic and take more risks when shooting in 2011.

An opportunity arose on Friday when I was shooting Dr Hugo Sutton of Alta Vision Plus. We were shooting Dr Hugo (an eye surgeon) for an editorial piece. We ended up shooting the with the conservative portraits cover option and the technically well light run of the mill staged mock scenarios.

The shoot was all but over. I was happy with the results, but I wanted to make good on my promise to myself to "take more risks when shooting".



So I asked Dr Hugo is he would pose for a quirky photo with some large squishy eyeballs.

In addition to being a respected eye surgeon he is also a respected academic. So naturally I was a expecting him to politely decline my asinine suggestion to have him pose with squishy eyeballs. But to my surprise Dr Hugo not only accepted, but played it up for the camera too.

No comments: