Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gritty Heros...



For the past few months the Canadian economy has been picking up steam, but Alberta trumps all other provinces. The past 6 months has seen me get call from large public and private companies I haven't heard from since the crash in 08'.





Finning Canada was one of those clients who called. They have always had a go to photographer who shot pretty much everything for them. However recently they decided to change things up and vary up style.



Finning's CAT equipment has a heavy presence in the Alberta oil sands. Consequentially last week I shot over two days a fantastic collection of images to be used for a recruitment drive. Further proof the province of Alberta is once again on the upswing.



With this collection I wanted to show the workers as "Gritty Heros" if you will. The Finning team gave me pretty much carte blanch which allowed me to really light the way I wanted to. the only challenge, which is quote coming when shooting up in Fort McMurray is time.



We really only had about 10-15 minutes to light and shoot each person because we simply pulled them off of their work duties.


*Me standing behind a 767 truck.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments: