Wednesday, April 7, 2010

London Hotel what a nice suprise



I arrived in London last night and got such a pleasant surprise when I arrived at the hotel. It’s in Chelsea about a 20 minute walk from London proper. Its called the Pestana Chelsea Bridge. I found out that the Pestana hotels are a Portuguese owned chain. They boast that unlike their American competition rather than choosing just functional durable decor, the Pestana hotels choose to design their hotels based around looks and style.


Because I don’t ever really book my own hotels, what I get is often hit and miss... and especially in cities like London you can really get some misses. Here are the pics of the room.

Here are some of my top 4 travel tips when it comes to hotels.

1. Always hang the do not disturb sign on your door. first is because when you have alot of camera gear in your room you dont want hotel staff coming in everyday. Personally I dont have someone come into my house and clean everyday, so I really dont need to have some one come into my hotel room and clean everyday either.

2. If you do have the hotel staff come in to clean or even if you dont, when you leave tip well. Some people I know (like my mom) like to leave little things like canadian key chains and such. This pisses me off cause you cant feed your family with a maple leaf keychain. Money means more than little dollar store niknacks... especially in third world countries.

3. When the remote in your room dosent work, take out the batteries and rub them on your pants... the static from your pants will get you another 10 mins of use! (tip from "Smile When Your Lying")

4. When you are looking for a place to eat or how to get around, ask a hotel staff member your own age. It never fails, when I ask a 50 yearold member whats a good place to eat, then inevitabley send me to a very expensive resturant, when I ask someone in their late 20's, I usually get sent to a cool little hole in the wall thats cheap and offers great food.


Enjoy!

C

No comments: