Friday, February 5, 2010

Editorial Home Photography


Here are a few tearsheets of home interiors I shot for Paige Weir, the art director for Avenue Magazine. A few month back Paige brought me on board to shoot interiors for the magazine. I have shot alot of commercial interiors but never really for editorial. Whats the difference? Mainly in editorial work, the scheduled shooting time is very short, so you have to get in, get your photos (make them look good) and get out. This is why working with an experienced art director makes all the difference.

I quite enjoy shooting with Paige, because she comes in to a home and knows exactly what she wants, but still gives me leeway to have a creative outlet. Its difficult to get creative with interior work, but it can be done. I find we have a really solid working dynamic. I am really liking the way Paige is laying out my pictures in her features. Here are a few of them.



C

No comments: