Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Splish Splash

Here is a fun photograph... technical as hell and it required alot of patience... I don't own a fish tank, so I ended up heading down to a local retailer and picked up a medium sized tank, which I ended up returning today because I really had no need for a fish tank after this shoot.

This 18yearold customer service rep asked me why I was returning the tank. I said; "well I used it to photograph a coke can in water, now that I'm done the shoot, I really don't need this thing." He responded; " its past the return date, but I like photography and if you tell me how you used the tank for a photo shoot I can over look this one."

So I gave him the same run down I'm going to give here. You need a camera which captures detail I used the Phase One P30+, high speed strobes, a fish tank (which I was returning), water, a white background and a lot of patience. Every time you drop the can in water it makes a high splash, and water gets everywhere including on the glass.... Then you need to clean the glass on the tank, wait for the water to settle down and do it again and again and again and again and again.

No comments: