Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mike Percy Dean of UofA School of Business


I couple of days ago I was contacted by the Journals Les Affairs in Montreal to photograph the Dean of the UofA School of Business. The problem was I was scheduled to shoot 5 interirors for a magazine around the same time.


I ended up squeezing it in, thanks to an accommodating Dean… The Dean who was a very very nice man to shoot, he had little time but did everything I asked of him… and never made us feel rushed. The stressful part of the shoot was the ridiculously fast turnaround time. The absolute deadline was 5pm Montreal time which was 3pm our time. Here is a breakdown of the crazy morning.


Vancouver Photographer Curtis Comeau photographs Mike Percy



8am – arrive on location set up lights, and block the shoot


8:45am The dean arrives, we begin to shoot


9:10am I am in my car heading to the studio (its 12 noon in Montreal)… assistant tears down without me.


9:40am I arrive at studio, process proofs and send them off for editorial choices


10:15am choices made… processing x2 images for final output.


10:45am FTP the final files…


11:10 am head out to shoot an editorial home piece I need to be at for a 12:30 start time.



enjoy!



C

No comments: