Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a night in Kansas City


Its 1245 am, and I should be sleeping... the thing is I just felt like working on pictures. Im not sure why, but I tend to work better on my images later in the evening. So I decided to take a little break from capture one and post an old image that I have been meaning to clean up since god knows when for no particular reason.


This image was shot in 05 i belive while I was on a 3 day shoot in Kansas City. From memory it must have been shot sometime around 2am after a night of a few beers... I cant for the name of me remember the street it was shot on, but for those who know KC, it was the one with all the bars.... I almost always carry my camera with me especially back then, and I do remember taking this image. This picture never ran in print, one probably because it dosent sell KC in anyway shape or form, the other because I didnt get a release from the guy...


But I like this picture for alot of reasons... One is that it was shot on film (which is why it needs to be cleaned up) and Two I find it has a rough charm to it.


Some lonley old dude who was out drinking on his own on a saturday night, too old to pick up a chick from a bar, but too young at heart to give it up. Then before retiring for the night he scarfs down a couple slices of pizza... its kind of a sad picture in many ways, but its real...

You know what else is real, beer prices in the USA. really its like 3-5 a beer in most cities excluding the tourist traps... You can even get a glass of coke here in Edmonton for $3...


I spend so much time taking pictures of things tring to make them look better than they are... so I like this because is simple and real... zero post production and enhancement techniques etc...


good night,


C

1 comment:

breanna said...

As Always C, you're awsome!