Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mayor Mandel In Studio

I just flew back from Vancouver for a quick shoot of Edmonton Mayor Stephen Mandel. Now I cant really say what the photographs are for at this time save the fact they were not shot for non profit, the city or editorial.
I quite enjoy photographing Mayor Mandel. He is very focused and always does what I ask. In front of my lens he always seems to be quite at ease and lets me do "Whatever I want".
That is pretty flattering words for a photographer to hear from someone who is in the public eye.
When shooting politicians they always give you "the smile", which is fine, and cool, but I always like to nail a photograph of a politician without a smile.
I think shooting a politican with a non smile is refreshing in a way. You see them as human. I did this with alberta premiers Ed Stelmach and Ralph Klien.. the non smiling images reveal so much about a person.
Anyways, I cant post any of the images that were submitted for selection, but these ones are permitted as they were not in the mandated creative direction.
i like this photo... i dont know why. but i do, so im going to post it.
Im pretty excited because I shoot tomorrow for an artisan cafe, then off to Calgary for a campaign with Harley Davidson for Molson and back to shoot another series for the un named project for Mayor Mandel on Thursday.
Enjoy!

C  

No comments: