Sunday, January 30, 2011

Syncrude Fort McMurray AB


Things have been going really well, to the point where I have to focus my direction a little more. A good friend of mine and somewhat of an unofficial mentor is reshaping his career to shoot only the jobs he wants. I think this is great because you only focus on the development of a specific area of a craft, and ten truly excel.




One of the areas I believe I excel in is industrial work. I'm not sure why, but I have no issues with working in places like Fort McMurray (for a few days). I am posting some work here that I shot for the Alberta Government at Syncrude just 10hrs after James Cameron left the site.

It's truly amazing how the aftermath of a visit from a Hollywood director can cause such a ruckus at an Oil sands plant that turns out 10milliuon dollars a day.



Because of the negative publicity the Cameron brought with him Syncrudes PR people were hyper sensitive. "You can't shoot this way.. oh no....you can't shoot in that direction either"..



Anyways the shoot worked out and here are some of the finals.



Enjoy!



C

No comments: