Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Siberian Tiger



I came across some photographs of a Siberian Tiger and Snow Leopard I shot back in 2005 for the Valley Zoo and thought you all might like to take a look.


One of the fortunate things about being a photographer is looking back at some of your past work. It’s kind of like a visual trip down memory lane.


Sometimes however its not such a pleasant experience; meaning you look at your old work and can’t imagine how you thought it was good, but other times you see a good photo that in the past you would have dismissed as a bad frame.

When I was living in Paris I had the chance to see Frank Horvat. A his exhibition he said “never throw out a photo right away, because you need to give yourself some space and disassociate yourself from a shoot to really be able to appreciate what you have created.”

Thanks for taking the time on my blog!

Enjoy!
C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice photos curtis...do you take volunteers for your photoshoots?...thanks man!!

again, i do enjoy ur photos...

Curtis Comeau said...

Hello, I would really like to but unfortunately depending on the shoot we move really quick so I tend to use professional assistants who know my gear and my shooting needs. Thanks for the comments :)

C