Sunday, September 21, 2008

Taking Photos of Sushi


This past week I ended up taking photographs for a sushi restaurant here in Edmonton called Kyoto Japan.

Although Im not known as a food photographer I do shoot the monthly drink features for Cargo and James. I have also shot some food for editorial puropses as well.

I quite enjoy shooting food. Mainly because it doesn’t talk back and stays super still when you need it to…

For this specific project I ended up using Trevor as my assistant as opposed to Nick. I this Trevor is more suited for the attention to detail rather than Nick who is much more technical and enjoys working with people.

Anyways I am quite pleased with the overall work. We decided to keep the styling simple and let the food speak for itself as opposed to heavily styling each image.

ENJOY!
C

No comments: