Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TOM GILBERT OF THE EDMONTON OILERS FOR NIKE VISION






Just before the end of the Oilers NHL hockey season Jason Gregor from Just a Game Productions hooked me up with Nike Vision to shoot Tom Gilbert of the Edmonton Oilers.

The idea I had was to shoot Tom outside in a cul-de-sac in an old street hockey type setting wearing the new Olympic Nike sunglasses.




So basically the night before I scoured the whole neighborhood looking for an old beat up street hockey net, well worn gloves and an old tennis ball, which would be beat to shit.

The problem was I couldn’t find a really old beat up wooden street hockey stick because all kids use now are one-piece sticks, even for street hockey. So I brought the worst stick I could find.

Anyways we end up shooting at Toms place, which is actually Ethan Moreau’s house. So just before we were about to shoot I see in Moreau’s garage an old Sherwood hockey stick! Wow what luck.
So we end up using this stick which looks like its been through a war in the shoot. Tom and the Nike Rep were great they gave me as much time as I needed to shoot this, and I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. So were Nike Vision, Tom and Gregor.

No comments: