Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dominican Republic












Here is a series of photographs I shot in the Dominican Republic while working with Jamie Coutts at original video http://www.originalvideo.ca/. We were both shooting a documentary travel project in the Dominican, which revolves around labor laws.

The shoot went very well, but I decided to stray a little from my normal style of shooting and use a lot more of my 70-200 and shoot wide, rather than my wide lenses and shoot close, which I prefer. I chose to take a photojournalistic approach to this project as opposed to a more commercial feel, which I am accustomed to.

Hope you enjoy.










2 comments:

Nikole B said...

I love these photos! You did such an amazing job of not only catching your subject but of the atmosphere and the warmth of the light.

Curtis Comeau said...

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you enjoyed this series.

C